Lumina Corps is seeking a Meeting Logistics Coordinator to support meeting and event planning for public health clients. Ideal candidates will have professional meetings and travel support experience working with federal government clients.
At Lumina Corps, we believe that strategic, purposeful communications and research can inspire learning and action and bring about positive change in our world. We partner with agencies and organizations whose missions inspire us through their service to progress in health, science, and well-being.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate event logistics and related projects, including phone calls, research, program logistics, registration, and other duties as needed.
- Provide meeting planning assistance for all events, including registration, scheduling rooms, maintaining calendars, and conducting research.
- Update content for the website, prepare promotional materials and maintain the database for various projects.
- Assist in organizing meetings by notifying participants, preparing agendas, and required informational materials.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for all participants.
- Organize conference database and data entry procedures.
- Prepare and distributes meeting materials.
- Provide pre-meeting, on-site, and post-meeting logistical support.
- Process invoices and reimbursements:
- Track all incoming invoices and compare them with order and budget expectations.
- Process travel reimbursement expenses for travelers and consultants.
- Review discrepancies with vendors.
Ideal Candidates Will
- Have 3 to 4 years of professional government meeting and travel experience.
- Be knowledgeable of trends in the meetings industry.
- Know Federal Travel Regulations.
- Be innovative and resourceful; actively seeks opportunities to improve meetings and events.
- Be very detailed oriented.
- Have previous experience in negotiating and building partnerships with vendors.
- Possess strong time management skills and the ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently.
- Have the ability to maintain poise and professionalism under pressure.
- Have high energy, positive, professional attitude, and pride in work product.
- CGMP – Certified Government Meeting Planner preferred.
- Knowledge and proficiency in using the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project) and experience using CRM software.
- Knowledge of using CVENT software to create registration websites and manage registrations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and have own transportation for local travel.
This is a full-time position with benefits; hybrid and fully remote schedules are permitted. Lumina Corps headquarters is in Silver Spring, Maryland; remote candidates will be considered.
Lumina Corps is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.