Lumina Corps is seeking an experienced Digital Project Director to support clients at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services with digital communications services. This position is being posted in advance of and is contingent upon new projects initiating. Ideal candidates will have experience working with federal public health programs to direct multi-disciplinary teams in the design, development, content strategy and maintenance of federal websites.
At Lumina Corps, we believe that strategic, purposeful communications and research can inspire learning, action, and bring about positive change in our world. We partner with agencies and organizations whose missions inspire us through their service to progress in health, science, and well-being.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team to direct project progress against goals for supporting websites and other digital communications channels.
- Work directly with clients to identify solutions, communicate progress, fulfill project requests and ensure on-time delivery of excellent work products.
- Collaborate with colleagues providing content, strategy, creative design, digital and technology solutions by providing clear direction and coordination.
- Understand and counsel clients on best practices for digital project management.
- Review and monitor budgets.
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- A minimum of 10+ years of work experience
- At least 3-5 years of project management and supervisory experience
- Experience with leading digital software and web development projects, using project management systems and tools
- Expertise in digital analytics, user research, UX strategy, and content strategy methodologies and how these methods and disciplines apply to digital projects drive results
- Proven ability to clearly communicate technical project goals in plain language, manage workflow and decision making to reach project objectives
- Experience in implementing and managing open-source content management systems for federal website projects
- Experience in a professional services consulting environment serving federal government clients
- Ability to work independently to identify challenges, propose solutions and to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Positive, solutions-oriented mindset, able to be flexible to take on large or small tasks as needs arise
This full-time position with benefits will be initially fully remote; hybrid and fully-remote schedules are permitted. Periodic in-person meetings in the Washington, D.C. area are expected. Both Lumina Corps and client headquarters are located the Washington, D.C., area.
Lumina Corps is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.