Lumina Corps is seeking a Project Director to support high-profile federal clients with strategic science and health communications planning and public health communication projects. This position is being posted in advance of and is contingent upon new projects initiating. Ideal candidates will have experience working with federal public health programs on media relations, outreach campaigns, and strategic content development and dissemination.
At Lumina Corps, we believe that strategic, purposeful communications and research can inspire learning, action, and bring about positive change in our world. We partner with agencies and organizations whose missions inspire us through their service to progress in health, science, and well-being.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team to develop strategies and implementation plans for communicating with researchers, stakeholders, and communities through traditional and digital communications channels
- Work directly with clients to identify new opportunities, fulfill project requests and ensure on-time delivery of excellent work products.
- Collaborate with colleagues providing writing, creative, digital solutions and conference logistics, providing clear direction and coordination.
- Understand and counsel clients on best practices for multi-channel communications and outreach strategy.
- Review and monitor budgets.
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- A minimum of 10+ years of work experience
- At least 3-5 years of project management and supervisory experience
- Experience in a professional services consulting environment serving federal government clients
- Ability to work independently to identify challenges, propose solutions and to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Positive, solutions-oriented mindset, able to be flexible to take on large or small tasks as needs arise.
This full-time position with benefits will be initially fully remote; hybrid and fully-remote schedules are permitted. Both Lumina Corps and client headquarters are located in Silver Spring, Maryland.