Immediate need for full-time Health Science Administrator (HSA) to support Lumina Corps client initiatives and activities. Successful candidates will serve as HSA to provide leadership and guidance in planning, development, and implementation of operational and strategic goals to fulfill the client’s commitment to fostering diversity and inclusion in cancer research.
What You'll Do:
- Participate in planning and leading activities for research and training programs as needed to address goals and program priorities. Play a central role in conceptualizing and operationalizing new activities and refining current initiatives, providing technical, programmatic, and strategic input to fulfill program mission and goals.
- Conduct portfolio-related tasks, such as working with other program directors and engaging appropriate stakeholders, developing, implementing, operationalizing, and measuring the client’s program strategic diversity and inclusion plan, vision, and goals.
- Perform scientific and administrative reviews and analysis of program grant applications, project concepts, and proposals from a programmatic viewpoint and provide feedback and input on grant ideas and how ideas fit within program funding priorities. Ensure timelines are established and met.
- Facilitate communication and work collaboratively with program staff and other Divisions and Institutes; mentor and oversee work of program staff and colleagues as appropriate in assigned areas of responsibility. Establish and maintain effective collaborative and working relationships with other program participants, academic and other research institutions, and other participating organizations.
- Serve as an internal advisor and liaison for the Director regarding the program on matters related to diversity and inclusion by visiting universities, research institutions, commercial organizations, other government agencies, and public and private organizations to promote and explain objectives of the program and to meet research or other program needs and objectives.
- Develop briefing materials, presentations, and other materials for program committees; summarize program recommendations and important features; and contribute to data collection and analysis of programmatic progress.
- Participate and/or lead organization and conduct of workshops, conferences, symposia, and similar activities.
- Oversee progress for projects funded through the program’s funding initiatives, maintain regular communication with awardee teams, and coordinate and administer grants to fulfill the mission of the program.
- Incumbent in this position may be required to perform other duties and special assignments not specifically stated above.
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- Results orientation, with a broad vision for the role of diversity in achieving inclusion excellence.
- Ph.D. in a science-related field preferred and five (5) years of related experience or equivalent relevant work experience. Minimum three (3) years of program management experience in diversity efforts.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with experience in multiple communication modes, including social media. Adept at facilitating discussions and creating and strengthening partnerships.
- Demonstrated success as a collaborator in building working relationships with a broad range of diverse individuals, workgroups, academic and research institutions, and federal agencies to achieve results.
- Proven organizational and analytical skills and ability to provide oversight for data analysis assessments related to workplace climate, diversity, and inclusion. Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated success in identifying and implementing best practices of diversity and inclusion and an excellent command of modern diversity and inclusion concepts and issues, preferably in a health research environment.
- Considerable knowledge of laws, regulations, and guidelines related to diversity, inclusion, and nondiscrimination in the workplace.
- U.S. citizenship requirement or proof of being a U.S. national.
- Due to COVID-19, staff currently are working remotely. Successful candidate may need to work at client’s location as staff return to the office.